4.03.2011

Presidential Ball

Ha(il)ley
Although it was April Fool's day I'm not joking when I say I went to a dance on Friday night.  It was the annual Presidential Ball known by Coe students as Pres Ball.  It's held in Eby (the field house) and the night is divided into two parts: Dr. Carson's Big Band music for the first two hours and then a DJ for the last two hours.

Kathleen, Hailley, Alison W. and Haley






The night started off with me heading over to Armstrong to get ready in Haley's room.  We curled our hair, took pictures next to the bell, and ohh and awed over all the other girls' dresses on third floor.  Everyone looked very nice.

Ha(il)ley Sandwich 
Ha(il)ley and Alisons :)













Around 8:30 PM we headed over to Eby, did a little dancing, and watch Rugcutters (the swing dance club on campus) perform a number to the James Bond Theme Song.  Rugcutters had a pretty large crowd and even more people started coming around 10 PM when President Phifer and his wife made a toast and danced with Justin and Kelly, the student body President and Vice President.  The DJ got started after that and went until around midnight.

My night was over after that; I was tuckered out and decided to go to bed instead of staying up even later.  I also work Saturday mornings at the library so only a few hours of sleep wouldn't make me a happy camper in the morning.  A nice first Pres Ball!

0 comments: