4.11.2013

Another last

It was my last Thursday in the city.
Another bittersweet moment.

Since our art adventures were over, we had the day to ourselves. I woke up early and walked a few blocks to our local FedEx office. As expected, I had acquired more in the city and couldn't fly it all home. So a box was shipped to Wisconsin with my good old ice skates, my books I picked up, playbills, and other miscellaneous items.

With that taken care of, I did some more packing. For Friday and Saturday, I will actually be living out of my suitcase since I needed to weigh my suitcases to make sure I fit the weight requirements. I did, thank goodness!

Post-packing, I was feeling a little stir crazy so went for a long (2.5 hours!) walk in Central Park. It was a pretty nice day; cloudy but no rain. I don't know how well I will adjust to the less than stellar Wisconsin weather!!

Whitney, Ashley, Rina, Katie, Amy, and I decided to check out a movie tonight. We went to a theater in Brooklyn called Nitehawk Cinema. It's a neat venue because you sit in theater seats with tables in front of you. Before and throughout the show you can order drinks and food; they even have specials depending on which movie you're seeing. Whitney and Rina had been there before and couldn't wait for us to go and experience it.

The theater was GREAT. Definitely want to go back the next time I end up in the city. We saw the movie Stoker. It's a psycho/thriller. Not quite up my alley but thanks to our film experiences this past semester I was able to enjoy the movie. It was also a solid film and excellent acting. I also zeroed in on the cinematography and enjoyed analyzing it afterwards.

So an easy Thursday. There's just Friday left and then it's back to Wisconsin. Does time FLY!

0 comments: