4.19.2013

So Many Hugs: Returning to My Kohawk Family

On Monday I made my first trip to Coe in 2013. It was a short visit, I left Tuesday afternoon, but nevertheless, it was an amazing visit.

During the entire two and a half hour car ride to Cedar Rapids, I literally could not contain my excitement. Even as I crossed the state line from Wisconsin to Iowa, I got giddy. New York Term was amazing and better than I could have ever expected, yet I still missed Coe.

I pulled into on campus and felt like nothing had changed. Sure, in reality, it's been four months and lots has changed, but the feeling I had when I stepped on campus was exactly the same. It's a mixture of excitement and calm. I feel at home.

The best part of this visit was the look on people's faces. I hadn't told very many people I was making a visit. It was mainly a business visit; I had an interview and needed to turn in some paperwork and run around campus to nab signatures. So it was great to see several friends of mine do a double take when I appeared in front of them. My most memorable moment on Monday was walking into the Nassif Admission House and seeing my Admission family. They were so thrilled to actually see me and we couldn't stop talking about how fantastic this summer is going to be.

This visit was just another reminder of how much Coe means to me and how much I mean to Coe. If you've been a long time reader of this blog, this fact isn't new. My love for Coe comes through in each post and I know I've made a positive impact on campus. During my visit, I just couldn't keep a big grin off my face.

The best way to end this post is with a motto every incoming Kohawk learns and then realizes over their four years at Coe: Once a Kohawk, Always a Kohawk.

0 comments: