4.04.2013

Research, Research, Research!

I'm a little embarassed to admit, but although I've been working at the Mid-Manhattan Library for three months, I've spent little time in the Schwarzman Building (aka the ones with the lions).

But...with my thesis research slowly starting, I finally had a reason!

I found several good books located in the Rose Reading Room. It's the reading room that is (pretty) recognizable.


Look familiar? 

It's a beautiful room and very quite. It's a great place to study.

When I walk in, I head toward the center of the room to request my books. Librarians actually grab the books I would like to use. I submit a paper slip with the book title, author, and call number and then twenty minutes later, VOLIA, the book appears.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy studying in a library (it's been a while!). And Mary Robinson is a fascinating woman. While not many people know about her, she made a large impact (in my opinion) on the literary world. I won't go into my speech about how awesome she is (I'll save that for another blog post during the summer) but starting this project in the Rose Room seems so appropriate. And perfect. 

Here's some photos of my studying because I felt the need to document it:

I'm hoping to spend a few more days in the library reading as much as I can before I leave. It seems like every day I add more and more things to my list of things to accomplish before I leave the city!

0 comments: