4.13.2013

"I'm leaving on a jet plane"

Yep, that's right. In a few hours, I'll be in the sky, Midwest bound. Kind of crazy to believe.

Woke up extra early this morning to finish up packing and say goodbyes. Everything fit in my suitcases and I'm under the weight requirements so yippee!! My ticket is printed and I'm pretty much ready to go.

Am I ready to leave New York? Maybe. I love this city and it's a city where I feel at home. I'm constantly moving and using my feet (and the help of subways and buses) to take me from Point A to Point B. At the same time, I miss the Midwest, the large backyards and the small-town feel. So today is definitely bittersweet.

But it's okay. I know I will back. And that excites me.

Well, I better pull everything together and hail a cab to the airport. I'm still planning on writing a final reflection post and creating a master list of the all the things I did for the past 92 days. The master plan is to have those posts up next week.

For those who have been reading my blog since January, thank you. I hope you enjoyed reading and could tell how happy I was in the city and what an adventure I had. For prospective students, I hope my posts gave you an idea of not only what New York Term is like, but also the opportunities Coe has for you. For those in Mt. Horeb or the Madison area, I will see you soon. Can't wait to share more stories and catch up with your lives. And finally, for those in Cedar Rapids, I will be back soon; you can't keep me away from Coe much longer.

Happy Saturday everyone.

0 comments: