2.17.2013

An Event Filled Weekend

It's been a surprisingly busy weekend, but a good one nevertheless.

During the day on Friday, I worked at the Paley Center. I was working on adding some annotations on their large supply of videos. You should really check them out; if you like TV, there are so many interviews with actors from some of the most popular shows! I had to keep on track so I didn't get sidetracked and start watching them!

I left the Paley Center a little early to head up to the Bronx. My location was the Kingsbridge library to meet with Andrea, the Young Adult librarian and her Teen Advisory Group (T.A.G.). Brigid has given me a project to take under my wing, Music and Memory. I plugged the project to Andrea and the teens and they seemed interested in it. Hopefully, we can raise awareness and collect iPods before April rolls around.

Friday night we went to New York City Center to see Romeo et Juliette performed by the Pacific Northwest Ballet. This was beautiful and the artistic director did a lot of interesting things to make this adaptation memorable. While it was pretty and the dancers were out of this world, I surprisingly missed my more modern dance from Karole Armitage and Trisha Brown. I've included the trailer so to speak; it gives you a pretty nice idea of what I saw.


Saturday morning I went to two different NYPL branches; the first was St. Agnes, the one located only a couple of blocks from my hotel. Then I took a subway north to 100th street to use the Bloomingdale Library branch. This branch is currently under construction but despite that, it's a nice branch. Pretty quite and I was able to have a table all to myself. 

I later went back to the hotel, met up with Whitney and then we met up with Rina before once again making our way to Carnegie Hall. The performance on Saturday night was by Dianne Reeves and Friends. Although we were way up in the dress circle (our view was slightly obstructed), it was an amazing performance. Dianne has an amazing and powerful voice and was so humble. She highlighted and showcased her friends and ended with a bang. Reeves also had a knack for singing what was coming next or introducing her band. 



0 comments: