2.08.2013

Modern Art Anyone?

Okay I need to be better about blogging everyday. It just seems that my days begin early and end late and there is little time to write because I just want to SLEEP.

But never fear, I'm back. Blogging just for you.

Wednesday was another day at a library. I wrote more letters and also did some serious shelf organizing and rearranging. My shelving skills (developed at the Mt. Horeb Public Library and perfected at the Stewart Memorial Library) came in handy as I put the books in alpha order and straightened them so more books could fit on one shelf.

Deep in thought about art
On Wednesday night we went down to Houston Street (pronounced "House-ton") to the Film Forum to see The Little Fugitive, the first American independent film. It was an adorable movie and also well made considering it was a low budget film. Our group had a pretty lively discussion afterwards which really got my gears turning.

Thursday was field trip day and this time, we were off to The Modern Museum of Art (MoMA). This art was MUCH different than the art we saw at the Met, but a good different. Our focus was art made from 1910-1925, when abstract art was coming into being. The art was out there, but Kathy had us think about the art from a revolution standpoint: What is the art saying about life and how is it a rebellion? That did help create a frame of mind to start to think about the pieces.
Whitney, myself, and Rina

Thursday night, Whitney, Rina, and I headed to The Strand (the bookstore) to check out some books. While we were there, there was a mingle going on and we joined in. We ended up meeting a lot of really neat and interesting people. More NY friends!

While I write this post before heading off to The Paley Center, it's snowing; apparently a large snowstorm is coming. We have two dance events tonights, both at New York Live Arts. Post events, I'm going to head to Penn Station and hop on a train to New Jersey. I'm spending the weekend with family and I'm thrilled!

Much more to come!

0 comments: