2.05.2013

The Case of the Tuesdays

Don't worry, that title might sound bad.

But it's not.

All is fine in NYC, I promise.

We had two free days in a row (Monday and today) so it's been nice to know that once I'm done with work at 5 PM, I'm done for the night.

Monday night I used my "street" skills to head down to Penn Station to meet my aunt and uncle. We went to dinner in the Meatpacking District at a restaurant called The Standard Grill. It was delicious and we got there just in time because when we left, the place was packed! We were celebrating my mom's birthday and a good month in the city.

Today was another adventure day at the library. In the morning I met with Brian who does solely outreach in the prisons. He runs a book discussion group and I was helping him create a syllabus for the next 15 week book discussion. The theme I chose was utopia and dystopia and it was fun to be in charge of the creating the syllabus instead of the other way around.

In the afternoon I went with Nick and another employee of NYPL, Sam, back to Bronx Central Library. It's about an hour commute up there but totally worth it. The Bronx Central branch is absolutely beautiful; it's actually an eco-friendly branch. I was able to meet a few more librarians before heading back to the hotel.

Courtney and I had planned on having dinner tonight to catch up, but it was Katie's (another girl on the trip) birthday and her roommate, Jordan, had planned a small get-together. Courtney and I joined Whitney for dinner just down the street before singing happy birthday and eating cake in the hotel. Courtney and I agreed to postpone dinner until an actually free night where we can talk and really catch up.

Back at the library tomorrow and then I'm headed even further downtown to see a movie with the group.

0 comments: