2.18.2013

Three Years Ago Today...

I visited Coe during Scholarship Weekend. I distinctly remember wearing a bright red dress and it lightly snowed in the afternoon.

I showed up at Coe early that Friday morning with my mom and dad. I walked into the Nassif House and it was bustling with people. I met my Admission counselor, Chris, in person for the first time. Then I was shuttled off to History of English Literature class in Hickok with Gina. Heidi and her family sat on the other side of the room from us and once the class was over, our dads bonded.

I think I might have gone on a tour, or met with Gina, that part of the day is a little hazy. In the afternoon, I went to a panel at the Clark Racquet Center and met Whitney for the first time. Many of my questions were answered and I bet money I was sitting with some of my current classmates, which is sort of crazy to believe.

After the panel was the English department open house and Whitney and I had another chance to talk. We hit it off well, but who knew that we would become such good friends? It's really neat how that worked out. We are celebrating our three year anniversary of our friendship tonight. Because, yes, we are those sorts of people.

I stayed with a host student, Amber, that night. We went to Blindspot, I saw my friend Joe host and people did all sorts of crazy acts. I remember thinking how great the Coe community was; everyone in Dows seemed to know each other and was supportive of each act. It was refreshing to see that close-knit group of people and to think I might be fortunate to be a part of it in the fall.

On Saturday morning, I had my interview and then was headed back to Mt. Horeb. The weekend honestly pasted by in a blur, but was probably one of the most significant weekends in my college search process. I'm so happy to have formed relationships with the people I met three years ago. It is also neat to see how far I've come and all the amazing things I've done. Heck, I'm in NEW YORK CITY right now.

This is why I adore Scholarship Weekend. I hope everyone has an amazing day :)

0 comments: