2.27.2013

"That pink umbrella isn't very New Yorkerish..."

If you can believe it, I've been on New York Term for around 45 days (aka the halfway point). By this time, myself and my fellow peers have figured out what makes you blend in as a semi-"true" New Yorker and what makes you STAND OUT.

I woke up this morning to rain. Since it has been warmer than usual, I grabbed my rain coat instead of my winter jacket and also grabbed my umbrella before heading out.

They're both pink.

Not like a dull, pale pink, but a bright, vibrant pink.

Everyone else has black coats and umbrellas. The only bright items are rain boots. I don't own rain boots.

Whoops. guess everyone knew I wasn't a true New Yorker this morning. Regardless, my sensible raincoat and umbrella got me to work, damp as opposed to soaked. There was also a lot of wind but luckily I own a very hearty umbrella.

More to come later today; our group went to see Carmen last night and boy, was it entertaining!

0 comments: