2.11.2013

Veterans and Pizza

So New York weather is a funky thing. I walked out of the hotel this morning to greet rain.

Yes, you read right, rain.

I was just gearing up for snow so I forget my umbrella. Won't be going anywhere without that now.

Got to the library, slightly soaked. Spent most of my day listening to a fascinating two hour veteran interview and annotating it for the Library of Congress form. I finished off the day with a few letters to prisoners.

Once I got off the subway, I made a call to a local pizza place for three large pizzas. We had a group meeting tonight and it was my responsibility to order the pizza. With pizzas ordered, I wandered north to find our closest post office (I needed some stamps) and made my first purchase at Duane Reade (they are EVERYWHERE).

Back at the hotel, the rest of the group joined us in our room and the pizza arrived. Our professor, Murray, showed up and held a discussion on the two music events we are going to this week.

A relatively relaxed day. Happy Monday!

0 comments: