2.10.2013

Avoid Those Puddles: The Importance of Good Shoes

Manhattan does a pretty good job of clearing the snow. But, throughout my adventures on Saturday and Sunday, giant puddles of water were hard to avoid. This only stressed the importance of having good shoes to walk around the city. Lucky for me, I've got an excellent pair of waterproof walking shoes, making puddles no problem.

Saturday, I worked on some of my responses and then went with Rina and Whitney to Brooklyn. Our destination: Cobble Hill Theater to see the movie Silver Linings Playbook. This movie is up for several Oscar nominations and has been getting rave reviews. And boy, were those reviews right. The movie was out of this world and the acting was excellent.

Post movie, we were hungry and so we went across the street to Awash Ethiopian Restaurant. It was a great restaurant and it filled us right up. We even found out there is a Manhattan branch, so if we are ever in the mood for Ethiopian food, we don't have to go all the way to Brooklyn!

Today was also a good day. I slept in and then worked on responses (I'm all caught up!). Whitney and I decided to celebrate the Chinese New Year with Chinese for dinner at a nice restaurant just down the street.

Now I'm back in my room, relaxing, preparing for the week, and waiting to watch a new episode of Downton Abbey. 

I'm ready for another great week!

0 comments: