3.31.2013

Actually Trailblazing!

I slept in a bit on Saturday morning before grabbing breakfast at a nice diner with Mike and Courtney. I then decided to high-tail it out of city and visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins in New Jersey. Also, since it's Easter weekend, I figured it would be nice to spend it with family.

The train into New Jersey was much nicer than previous Friday night trains I've taken. Since it was a weekend, I had a whole two seats to myself and, boy, was it relaxing. Calm. Perfect.

My uncle and cousin, Will, picked me up and we headed home. I spent the afternoon in the kitchen with my aunt and my cousin, Anna, cooking and preparing for Easter. We even made a lamb cake! Don't worry, no lambs were harmed in the making of this cake. It's pound cake. Promise.

My aunt, uncle, and I then went on a walk. It was sort of a trailblazing adventure because a few times the path disappeared but we blazed ahead, determined to have a good walk. And we did.

Happy Easter and I hope you have an enjoyable day!

0 comments: