3.06.2013

Hello Wednesday

Every week seems to go a tiny bit faster, which frightens me, but I guess that means I'm having a good time! Monday was just a regular day; Whitney, Ashley, and I crashed the Hotel Belleclaire lobby for some major study time. I think the hotel staff thought we were a little odd, but we got work done!

Tuesday was almost the same as Monday except Steven is in town! If you remember, Steven is a theater professor at Coe and technically is in charge of the whole program. Since it's Coe's Spring Break this week, he and his family flew out to NYC to check up on us. Every girl had 15 minutes with Steven to talk about the good (and the bad) parts of the term. Steven is meeting with our professors later this week and hopefully, our feedback will make next spring even better! After my meeting was over, Whitney and I high-tailed it to the Ensemble Stage Theater (which we visited already in February) to see Susan, Alison, and Ashley. They were all part of the Vagina Monologues.

If you've been a faithful reader, you know that I've already seen the Vagina Monologues twice at Coe (2011 and 2012). These monologues are performed by club members of V-Day, an organization on campus to alert campus of violence against women. These monologues are performed all over the country and Susan just happen to be in one such production. Susan, being the wonderful professor she is, knew both Ashley and Alison are passionate about V-Day and got them involved. While Ashley and Alison didn't read from the "original" monologues, they were able to read a special one for the One Billion Rising event that occurred on Valentine's Day. Whitney and I went for support and boy, it was FANTASTIC. All the women were excellent actresses and really made the monologues believable.

Wednesday was just another day the library, doing a lot with the Veterans History Project. We've got a base and now Nick wants to push the boundaries. I'm more than game to help him do so. I suspect that will be taking up a lot of time the next couple of weeks.

I'm currently sitting in the Signature Theater, waiting for the group to show up to see Old Hats. All I know about the show is that it's got lots of vaudeville influences so it should be good. This theater also brings back good memories because I saw my first event, The Piano Lesson, here. This theater is on 42nd Street, so after work I just walked a few blocks down instead of going back to the hotel and then back to where I was for most of the day. I nabbed a salad from the cafe outside the theater and am now enjoying a cello duet.

Not too shabby.

0 comments: