3.28.2013

It's a Walking Sort of Day

Each day the slow realization that my time here is almost over continues to sink in.


This morning we headed off to our eighth art event. The group met at Kathy's studio, in the Times Square area. The last time we were here was on our second day in the term, when we met the other professors and reconnected with Coe alums who are currently living in the city. 

Much as changed since then.

Kathy chatted with us and then we were off to the High Lines. It use to be a raised freight line that now has been converted into a walking path. It's the only spot to really see nature (aka plants and grass) other than Central Park. 

It was so neat. I could have spent all day walking up and down the path. Since it was before noon and a little overcast, there weren't too many people there. If it was sunny, I might have stopped at a bench and just read my book for a while.

Alas, we could not stay and instead went to check out a few art galleries nearby. There was some interesting art, but I'm still claiming the National Academy as my favorite museum we've visited on this trip.

Post galleries, Courtney and I headed to the MegaBus station to meet the third member of our Trailblazing Trio, Mike! He's currently in Washington D.C. on Coe's D.C. Term. He thought he would make a weekend in NYC to reunite with his two favorite hikers. He rode the bus up and will be staying in the hotel for a few days.

The three of us ate a late, late lunch (or early, early dinner) at Joya, the thai restaurant in Brooklyn Whitney and I found. Then we decided a visit to the Brooklyn Bridge was required.

Totally worth it. Although still a little overcast with an occasional drizzle, it was still nice to be on the bridge and walk from Manhattan to Brooklyn.

Needless to say, we did a lot of walking. Very appropriate for the Trailblazing Trio, but now I'm tired. Guess I'll be calling it early tonight.




0 comments: