3.24.2013

Another Friday Adventure to the Bronx

Another Friday arrived which meant I spent most of the day at the Paley Center. PaleyFest is officially over, so I was working on some post-event items.

I left the Paley Center around 2:45 PM to head up to the Bronx. I was attending another TAG (teen advisory group) meeting. Good news is that the iPod drive for Music and Memory is taking off and Friday was the first "official" day of the drive.

It is so cool to see something I've put together take off. I got to talk to a woman from the NYPL's PR department about the point of the drive and she said a news team was coming to cover the event. Unfortunately, New York City traffic got in the way and they were delayed. If all goes well, they will come back next week. If they do return, I will most likely be interviewed because I know the most about the drive. Who would have thought I might be on Bronx TV next week?

After the library, it was back to the hotel to drop things off before heading to the Hell's Kitchen area to visit Whitney. She has an uncle who lives over there and she was watching his apartment while he was away. Whitney made me dinner (yum home cooked food) and we chatted for a while. Nothing like a calm Friday to end the week!

0 comments: