3.09.2013

The "Suite" Life Isn't Always Sweet (Or Tidy)

When I talk to people about my living situation, everyone says, "Wow, I would LOVE to live in a hotel for four months." Or, some of my peers will make the humorous reference to the Disney channel show, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Um...think again.

There are definitely pros and cons of our hotel life. First and foremost, the staff at the Hotel Belleclaire is OUT OF THIS WORLD. This is a pro.

I honestly can't say that enough. Since they know we are living here for four months, they've gotten to know us and do whatever they can to help us make our rooms feel "homey."

Take this morning for instance.

I got up and worked out and when I came back, I knew our room needed a good cleaning. This is a con of living in a hotel room; things seem to get messy fast. Faster than my apartment or room back home.

I showered and once Whitney was up, we got to work. I called down to the front desk, asked for new towels, garbage bags, and a vacuum. All were brought up to our room within ten minutes.

An hour and a half later, the bathroom and bedroom/living room had been vacuumed and dusted. We got rid of our old towels and about a weeks worth of trash. I reorganized my counter space and put all my clothes back in their right boxes.

The room feels so much better. Being clean in a hotel room is really key because you don't have a lot of space. Getting lazy for a few days is totally okay but if you extend it past that, it's not good.

It's a beautiful day here, 55 degrees and sunny. We have our windows open and I've already taken a stroll just around the hotel.

Maybe we are living the suite life after all. ;)

0 comments: