3.13.2013

Why I Love TODAY

When I was getting ready to come to NYC, I made a bucket list of things I wanted to do. My aunt Melanie said I should go to a taping of the TODAY Show. I mean, who doesn't love Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, and Al Roker? So when Ashley told me last night that she and her mom were headed to the TODAY Show this morning and wanted to know if I wanted to come along, of course I said yes!

I woke up early, 5:30 AM, to get ready. Ashley, her mom, and I left the hotel around 6:15 AM and arrived at Rockefeller Center. We got there at just the right time; there were already people standing outside, but not too many. After having our bags checked, the three of us nabbed a pretty decent spot near the barriers, but not right next to them. While the camera panned the crowd, we waved frantically, hoping for a chance to be TV stars. Then, the couple in front of us decided to leave, giving us the perfect opportunity to step right up to the barrier.

A little after 8 AM NYC time, Al, Matt, and Savannah came outside to do their daily segment. I was lucky enough to shake all their hands (woah!) and even was behind Al when he talked about Twinkes and the weather. The funny thing is, I'm not sure what he said; I just concentrated on smiling and waving.

Everyone cleared out around 8:30 PM and I walked a few blocks to the Subway to head to the library. What a morning before my internship even started! Before I went to the library, I called my dad and texted my grandma to let them know I would be on. Aunt Melanie was already taping it and she snapped a photo of me on the big screen.


Check it out, me on the TV! 

Such an excellent way to start my morning. Hope I made Aunt Melanie proud! 

0 comments: